Thursday, February 12, 2009

Centerpeice Party!

Cindy at My Romantic Home is hosting a centerpiece party for the month of February! There are many wonderful ideas for Valentine's Day centerpieces and tablescapes. I didn't really do any Valentine's Day decorating this year because we are about to be putting new floors in the living room and when that is over I will be hosting an Irish themed party for a friend who is getting married. So I kinda skipped to St. Patrick's Day even though it's not till next month. But I tried my luck (see, St. Patty's on the brain) at doing a Valentine centerpiece. Well folks.... this is about as good as it got. Like I said, I don't just have a lot of Valentine's Day stuff, but I think it came out kinda cute. Well... let's try something different....
I like this much better. So it doesn't exactly scream Valentines but I think is sweet and simple. I wish I had a white tablecloth. I love a grouping with different shades of white. My grandmother used to crochet these little doorknob covers. I used one over a little jar and put the rose in it. I think that is my favorite part of the centerpiece. Let me know which one you liked better.

10 comments:

  1. I'm extremely festive so for right now, I prefer the first one. Right after Valentin'es though, I'll chooose the second. ;o) Love the crocheted doorknob cover over the vase. It's that kind of detail that make all the difference.

    Welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the composition of the first one, but the simplicity of number 2 is my fave. Very nice on both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the all white. Though the touch of red in the first one sort of says 'valentine's'
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the second one! It's soft and romantic.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first one better as I am a sucker for cherubs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the first one too! It is VERY similar to the one I made today...mine had white roses in a square red container on a lace hankie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. simple & pure white! lovely centerpiece! Happy Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are both really beautiful! The white one is my favorite but that's because I LOVE white!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a bit late in visiting, but your tablescape is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete