Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sister Love and a Beautifully Ugly Cake

I am the oldest of the three girls in my family. Both of my younger sisters are absolutely beautiful. I never get spend the time with them I want to any more. They are both a lot younger than me, so I always think of them as little girls. But they are growing up so fast now. The youngest, Haley, is about to be in high school. It seems like yesterday she was running around the house refusing to wear clothes and claiming to be the "princess."
Well, this weekend the little princess came to stay with me. We are very much alike now that she has grown up, and my other sister, Breaze, has a lot more in common our brother. We walked around the mall a little, only half interested in any of the stores. Then we went out to dinner and came home and played with the camera.
See hoe beautiful she is? She's at the age that she is really fretting about what guys think of her so it was hard to keep her from deleting every picture. She has many dreams and aspirations. She wants to write a novel. She has been working on many drafts. I believe she can do it. All she needs is a little encouragement. She also wants to be a "famous" chef.
The last time she was over, I let her cook dinner. We played with recipes and she was really pleased with herself when it came out really good. This time we played with cake decorating a little. I wanted to teach her some basic shell boarders, drop flowers, and writing. Well this is how the beauty came out! So it was heinous when it was done, and completely un-edible because we didn't feel like looking for a recipe for the icing. But I was still so proud of it. Haley really had a lot of fun playing with the colors and trying to make the different shapes. It was something we created together. And now more than ever, I appreciate those little moments. Soon she will be going to spend her summer with her mom in Ohio. We live in Texas, so Ohio might as well be China. I tell her that when she's gone we will all be singing the Bowling for Soup song "Ohio ( Come Back to Texas.)" I'm going to miss her a lot while she's gone.
Texas won't be the same without you! We'll have to have a big edible cake waiting for you when you come home. Love you much! ::Evil look::



No comments:

Post a Comment