Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Color in the Dining Room

Well a few weeks ago I painted my dining room. I'm just getting around to posting it because I'm still playing with decorating it. I love my dining room now. I think it's my new favorite room. We spend as much time i it now as the living room. It has windows all around it, so it feels more like a sun room.

It had really ugly grey fake wood paneling and a really big piece of particle board that I am afraid to remove because Lord knows what's behind it. So I knew that any color would be better than what was there. I don't know how many paint samples I tried before I picked one. I was looking at some more subtle shades of yellow and some taupe or a light blue, but I kept going back to the bright yellow. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous putting on the first coat.

This is what it looked like with some of the samples on the wall. You can see the ugly wood paneling that covers thee walls in most of my house.




It came out so beautiful. I am still playing with the decorating part. I feel so much more inspired to cook knowing we will be dining in this room. It's as nice as any restaurant for me. I still have to address the book case and floors but that is another day and another project.

1 comment:

  1. Hi :)
    I was blog hopping and came across your blog and thought Id say HI :)
    Candy

    ReplyDelete